- Unsurprisingly, it’s easier to just use a lot of shell utilities rather than the portable alternatives, but it kind of defeats a common purpose of doing it in Python.
Closures in Python
- This guy is a good presenter.
nonlocalkeyword is new to Python 3, and I can see how it would be useful for the FP advocates that always complain about Python (it allows you to mutate function-scoped variables that have been captured by your closure).
Public Service Announcement from WRFG
- This sounds like Jacob’s cup of tea.
- They’re basically looking for tech volunteers.
- 89.3 FM ?
Faster Database Access: An End-Run Around the Django ORM
- A Brief History of Databases
- Is this going to be about the new (relatively) raw SQL feature?
- Looks like it might be about
select_related. Oops, the example misled me:
select_relateddidn’t fit Brandon’s actual problem.
- Aha! It is about
Back to flipping out…