Making Music w/ Python and Beatbox (Drew Smathers)
- Some pretty cool MIDI info in here.
- BeatLounge looks pretty cool, but it seems a bit low-level if your goal is to make music. I bet they write some abstractions on top of it when they’re using it themselves.
- Not really aimed at live coding.
- Loading soundfonts is expensive, so load them before you start flexing your musical.
- Big emphasis on arpeggiators. I think I’d need to hear this in action to understand what exactly this means.
- Sweet, you can implement paradiddles.
Build Automation with Jenkins (Russell Myers)
- Why CI? The standard reasons.
- Jenkins is awesome because it gives you a GUI (even if it is fugly) to control all the things you used to have to hack XML files to manage in CruiseControl.
gitsupport is not baked in.
- Hehe, the CI game.
- Sweet! There’s a plugin to push your Jenkins config into source control.
Back to flipping out…