- Rick is looking for beta testers for his MongoDB+Python training
- Tom’s Folly is closing, so the code jam sessions need a new home
Web2Py - Cliff Kachinske
- It was easy for him to get productive coming from a PHP background.
- Out of the box protection against OWASP’s top 10 vulnerability list.
- Lots of resources.
- Since I’m already involved in Django and Flask, I’m not seeing anything that blows me out of the water for web2py.
- Basically, he says the magic (all the extra stuff it auto-imports) is OK by him, so he’s utterly unconcerned by the major criticism of web2py.
- They have good taste in defaults, at least for the DB: sqlite
- DB definition stuff appears to be a series of function calls, rather than class definitions or some DSL.
- I like his way of phrasing MVP: first payment milestone.
MVC Concepts - Jay Kelkar
- Basic overview of the concepts: not much new.
- I like his take on the definition of MVC: If you have 3 people in the room, you have 4 definitions.
Django vs. web2py (an MVC perspective)
- web2py tries to use the MVC terminology
- Django doesn’t even claim to be MVC (though it is often categorised as one); it claims to be MVT.
virtualenvwrapper - Doug Hellman
- Quick overview of
- I <3 Doug.
- I need some of this “temporary environment” action
Back to flipping out…