- October meeting moved to the 18th
- Beginner’s Series starting!
- Atlanta Startup Weekend is the weekend of Nov. 9 (check the mailing list for details, because I may not have heard correctly) on the 3rd floor of the ATDC.
- PyCarolinas is Oct. 21-22
- Junior devs being hired by somebody (see the discussion board for details)
- Oct. 6 - the mini-maker faire being held at Tech
Experience Report: Example of Fuzz Testing with Python (Al Snow)
- What is fuzz testing? Testing an application with randomized inputs.
- You probably want to sandbox your app when you do this, in case your randomized input breaks it in interesting and dangerous ways.
- Tried a few different apps, but not all projects were interested in looking at the results.
- The fuzz-testing sweetspot is “just a little invalid” files. If it’s too obviously corrupt, then the app has no trouble spotting it.
- If you can’t drive input through the app from the command-line, it makes it WAY harder to test, and this applies to fuzz testing just as much as any other form of testing.
How to Get Thrown Out of a Casino with Python (Skylar Saveland)
- Counting cards like those MIT peeps
- Looking forward to Skylar’s iPython Notebook talk, because some of these features are cool.
- His little blackjack lib is broken-knucks
Metaclasses Demystified (Jonathan LaCour)
- DreamHost has an S3-compatible competitor with much cheaper pricing.
- I’m having flash-backs to The Brillant Paula Bean
- A class provides an instance w/ its namespace, which is what gives the instance its behavior and state.
- A metaclass is a class whose instances are classes.
- Nothing like unsugaring
class, a/k/a, defining a class using the raw
- An instance method on a metaclass becomes a class method on the created classes (useful factoid!).
- I wonder what sort of craziness I can accomplish if I combine
Back to flipping out…